Google and SEO, a Match Made in Heaven Thanks to Google, SEO is Quickly Becoming a Popular Marketing Trend

There’s no doubt that the internet and online usage is becoming more and more apart of our daily lives. With the ability to easily browse the web through mobile devices our relationship to the web has become closer than ever. It is estimated that 43% of small businesses spend six hours or more per week using social media web sites. About 80% of all website visits, begin on a search engine and Google claims 70% or more of search engine Market Share in the U.S. with other engines such as Bing and Yahoo accounting for the remaining 30%. Don’t get a search engine confused with a web directory list. A web directory list simply lists web sites by category and subcategory; while search engines display lists of web pages based on keywords.

The growing use of search engines has allowed the SEO (search engine optimization) tactic to flourish for online marketers and website reseller companies. Half of the Marketers nationwide have cited SEO as being a “very effective” strategy. Search engines such as Google use programs ran by specific algorithms to crawl the web. While it crawls the web, it hosts all of the data it picks up on Google’s servers and measures this data on various levels according to the algorithms. This process allows Google to measure the quality of the content on a given webpage and assign a “PageRank” to the website. Quick fact, “PageRank” was actually named after Larry Page, Google CEO and co-founder. Anyways, when you search for a specific key word on a search engine like Google, the best search results are returned to you based on their rank, which was given based on the quality of the webpage and its content.

Many website reseller organizations and marketing firms are picking up on this SEO Trend. Google publishes guides with organic SEO tips about internet search engine optimization. Some of the best SEO tips revolve around writing good content, both on and off your webpage. Selecting the proper keywords and creating quality content using those keywords to be syndicated both on and off your webpage is the best way to raise your PageRank. By creating quality content containing those keywords, search engine algorithms like Google’s will recognize that your content is syndicated all over the internet, provides value to the readers of the content, and in turn will reward your webpage by recognizing it as a legitimate site and raising its PageRank.

If you have a webpage, or are a website reseller or online marketer, it is crucial to educate yourself on SEO tactics. There are plenty of free SEO tips on the web that you can use to educate yourself, just utilize Google to find them (see how this works?). Practicing proper SEO tactics will not only help to raise the rank of your own webpages but if you’re selling online marketing services, it’s a sure way to gain more customers.

Leave a Reply